Background: professional web development, including front-end development using CSS2, CSS3, HTML5, jQuery, and lots more; back-end development in PHP, Java, and C# .NET; relational database design and management in Oracle, MySQL, and SQLServer; and LAMP stack administration.
Tons of experience in PHP programming, with approximately 4 gajillion commonly used PHP extensions. Led design and implementation to bring the web frameworks at EarthLink Business forward into PHP5. Planning and implementing both ground-up PHP development and the refactoring of existing systems at EarthLink.
My work experience:
- Senior Web Developer, Baseball Operations, New York Yankees. I'm excited to join the New York Yankees, baseball's most decorated and storied franchise, as senior web developer in the Baseball Operations group. I work to help the Yankees excel in web-based delivery of player analytics and scouting information.
- Senior Software Developer, Technical Lead for Web Development at EarthLink Business. 2003-2013. At EarthLink, I participate in all aspects of developing web-based software for business customers - working with stakeholders to identify and prioritize issues and enhancements, planning architecture and implementation, and coding solutions from the top to the bottom of the web stack. As technical lead for web development, I plan and implement enhancements and bug fixes for customer-facing websites including EarthLink Business customer portal (mylink.earthlinkbusiness.com) and corporate site (www.earthlinkbusiness.com), and EarthLink business portal (earthlink.biz). As a member of the Consumer Applications group, I help plan systems architecture and implement solutions to tie customer-facing software into the EarthLink back office.
- Lead PHP Developer, Bonzi Development Group. I was a lead engineer on an online club management application called SAM. I also led development of online registration software for Boston-based MyTeam, Inc. and the JCCA Maccabi Games.
- PHP Developer, ActiveArts/ImageBuilder Software. ImageBuilder Software was a shop that did multimedia components for games and such. They spawned a sports-centric internet portal startup Active Arts, for whom I worked right after college. I learned a tiny bit about what developing software is like, I learned about bubbles and startups, and I learned PHP.
- Proprietor, pixelnix web consulting and development. My main outlet for consulting has been customizing WordPress to create simple CMS-capable websites for users who require a quick and easy solution to get their organization or event onto the interwebs.
My alphabet soup:
- Technologies and Toolkits: HTML5, jQuery, AJAX, XML, XSL, JSP, LAMP, J2EE, Spring
- Infrastructure: Linux, Apache, SVN, CVS, MySQL, Oracle
I've got a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from Willamette University in Salem, Oregon.
What are people saying about Nick on LinkedIn?
"Nick handled all of the application development for MyEdge, a web-based extranet and application platform. As the Product Manager for MyEdge, I've worked with Nick frequently over the past four years and am delighted to recommend him."
"His ability to embrace our high paced, delivery focused, environment is unmatched."
"Nick brings a broad range of skills and expertise to a project team and delivers outstanding products on time consistently."