Background: Ten years of experience in brand, marketing, communications, digital strategy and project management for nonprofits and small businesses. I am a jack-of-all-trades to getting your business noticed, and I can help craft communication and marketing plans to reach business goals.
My past work experience:
- Communications and Marketing Consultant, Currently I help businesses and nonprofits improve their brand by working through a communications strategy and then developing resources that propel that strategy to reach business goals.
- Director of Communication, Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East. At Habitat I spent three years re-branding the affiliate. All of the marketing strategy was geared towards Habitat's strategic plan and five-year business goals. We created a new website, brand position, messaging and look. We also incorporated a digital strategy that included Facebook, Twitter, videos and a web-based fundraising system. During my three years at Habitat we tripled the amount of PR, recruited over 3,000 Facebook fans, overhauled the outreach to our constituents, and, as a result, Habitat was able to connect with more donors and more volunteers.
- Logistics and Event Manager, Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter Work Project. Coordinated logistics for 2,000 volunteers who participated in building 75 houses in five days in Puebla, Mexico. I was responsible for coordinating the food, lodging, transportation, security, opening and closing events, public relations, waste management, medical teams, entertainment and volunteer management.
- Communications Coordinator, Habitat for Humanity International. Responsible for producing quarterly publications for the Latin American and Caribbean region, including design, writing, and photography.Worked on public relations and marketing campaigns and assisted with TV commercials and promotional videos.
- Craft communication plans and marketing strategy based on business goals and strategic planning.
- Research driven results. I am not afraid to ask why you are doing something and who is paying attention. Learning how to read the data and respond to client needs helps drive great marketing and sales. I can show you free and easy tools to help determine what your clients want.
- Writer/Editor. What words you use speak volumes about your business. So does correct grammar in your marketing. I can help figure out what to say to your clients and when to say it.
- Creating a professional look, because looks matter. Great products need great branding. Just like meeting a person for the first time, people create an impression of your business when they see your brand for the first time. We partner with great graphic artists to help create a look that is right for you.
- Experience in video production and direction.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Tech skills: Certified in Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign); proficient in social media strategy; proficient in Word Press, HTML, and most online communication; familiar with open source software and online resources available to consumers.
I've got a Bachelor of Journalism from the School of Journalism at the University of Missouri-Columbia in Columbia, Missouri.